Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Football, Football, Hey!

So Biggie has started flag football for the Fall.

I will admit that he is normally a hyper kid, but when he starts playing football he turns into another person all together. 

The other day we were in the back yard and Match and Papa's house throwing the football around. Nothing serious - just throwing and catching, throwing and catching.

Except when I threw the ball and he caught it, he would dance around and say (in a weirdly deep voice), "Oh yeah, that's how we dooo it."

A couple of days before that he was out in the backyard at his house with BIL and he came back in and said to Sissy, "Mama, do you know what you have to do?" She asked what. He said, "You have to keep your eye on the ball."

Then BIL asked him, "How do you carry a football?"

His response, "High and tight. I carry the football high and tight because that's what my daddy told me and that's what my mind tells me every time I have a football."

All of that was just fun and games until he got to his first practice on Monday night. Remember that he is playing flag football.

Sissy says that he got out of the car at the practice field with a little strut. Then they get out on the field and one of his teammates is running with the ball and Biggie runs over there, knocks him down, takes his flag, and says, "How's that, Sucka?"

I only wish I was kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment