Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ranch Ready...

Regularly on our adventure tours, Diddy and I contemplate the reasons that we are single. We can not come up with a good reason. Diddy is an AWESOME guy and well, let's face it, I'm a catch! We will admit that we are not without our flaws, but our positive characteristics far outweigh our negatives ones...

One of the things that I needed to brush up on was my "ranch readiness." So Diddy and I created our own little training program to make sure that someday I would make a good ranch wife (or owner at the rate things are going...). After this weekend, the training is almost complete.

Gather cattle in a truck? Check.
Gather cattle on horse? Check.
Ride a horse all day? Check.
Work at the chutes while processing? Check.
Drive a truck with a trailer or gooseneck attached? Check.
Drive the feed truck through the pasture? Check.

My next lesson will be backing up with a gooseneck attached and will be taught by Banana. She tends to have a little more patience than the guys...

One of the funniest parts of the weekend was when I was sitting on the porch at the ranch house with our Navajo friend, Homes*. He was telling me stories (as he frequently does) about when he was younger. I almost wet myself when he told me the story of his time as a drug dealer in a Mexican Mafia gang. He told me that the only time he ever got dressed up was when he went to see "The Man." He would put on his Rolex, his diamond ring, and his gold chain with the gold medallion that said his name, "Homes" on it. And he would carry his gold snake briefcase. It was hilarious!

1 comment: