Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Some Updates

A couple of things that I want to touch on...

NKOTB - as mentioned in a previous post, the New Kids on the Block are making a comeback!! And a couple of weeks ago, I went to see them in concert in Glendale. It was a great concert!!! We had bought the tickets in June, so by the time the concert rolled around I was kind of wondering what I was thinking... All doubts were gone as the first notes of my childhood began to play. It was like I was nine years old again - the same dances, the same songs, the same Donnie Wahlberg. It was brilliant!!! And it was all worth it when during the final encore, they came out to sing Hangin' Tough! Seriously, it was awesome! And even at 40, they've still got the moves!

Birthday List - many of you may remember reading the list of things that I would like to accomplish in my 28th year. Well, I'm working on training for the half marathon in January (it may kill me, but I'm doing it!!). I've been working on recognizing my insecurities and I think I'm doing a good job of addressing them. And this weekend, I made a concerted effort to tell someone how I feel. It didn't go as well as I planned, but I'm proud of myself for sticking to my goals. I know that (or at least I hope that) these things are making me a better person and it has made realize how wonderful my friends and family are. Thank you all for being so supportive of my goals and not making me feel like an idiot even when I probably am one.

An addition - I would also like to add something to the list of birthday goals: journaling. Starting today, I am going to try to write in a journal every day - please ask me how I'm doing the next time that you talk to me.

Finally, I need to give a shout out to Carrot*. He has made his way into my top five favorite people (even if he didn't shimmy up the light pole for me...). He chose one of the two easiest ways to get into my Top 5 - he told me I was hilarious!!! I heart you Carrot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment