Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

On The Plains of North Dakota...

I'll just give you a few highlights of my trip so far:

I have literally been eaten alive by mosquitoes. Can they bite through clothes or are there just really perverted bugs here that are flying up my pant legs? I really hope they don't have West Nile Virus!

As my body is still two hours earlier than local time, I tried to sleep in on Tuesday morning after a 16 hour day. Apparently this was not in the cards. The fire alarm at the hotel went off at 7:30 am. But there was no fire and no one evacuated. I felt like I was in Coronado dorm again.

The people here talk funny. Like hilariously funny. They just add random words to the ends of their sentences. Words like, not, anyway, yet, hey. It is the strangest thing I've ever heard. I actually started to think about it last night - and was wondering how they teach language arts here. Do they learn proper English and then just disregard it? Or do they actually teach them to add random words to sentences?

I think that just about covers it. I have four more days of meetings though so I'm really hoping for some more stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment