Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wake Me Up When September Ends...

I hate to wish that time would go by faster. Knowing that life is short and each moment is special, it makes me angry when I catch myself thinking, "I can't wait until ______ is over."

As I was walking down the hall at work to fill up my umpteenth glass of ice water, I thought, I can't wait until summer is over.

And the truth is, I can't.

The hot, muggy days are wearing me out. I love the rain, but I hate the aftermath.

Even 5 am workouts are unbearable because the air is so thick it is like a wool blanket smothering you.

I'm hot.

I sit at my desk yawning because I'm exhausted from mearly trying to stay cool enough to survive, and I keep forgetting to bring iced coffee to work with me.

The oppressive heat has pretty much decimated the garden. (Well, that and the freaking worms that came back.)


In other words, I'm longing for the short days of winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment