Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

It is not enough to be thankful for the blessings we receive throughout the year, we should share those blessings with others.

Today I am thankful...

...for the sounds of my family in the kitchen, laughing and arguing while preparing the Thanksgiving meal.

...for Granny B. She makes me crazy, and I may have just uttered a bad word because she tried to put my coffee cup in the dishwasher while I was still drinking out of it, but I am so thankful that I have had 30 plus years with her.

...for the love and support of my family. I know that I can be a pain and sometimes even difficult to deal with, but they love me unconditionally.

...for the opportunity to be an aunt. (And the best one ever, I might add.) 

...for my job. I love it.

...for the ability and freedom to try all of the things I have even a little interest in.

...for Crossfit. I've never felt better in my life. I love my gym, the people there, the support. It's like I finally found the place I belong.

...for the familiar smell of the wood in the table that I got from the ranch house. It didn't occur to me when I got the table that it would hold the smell of a ranch meal cooking.

...for my friends. I have been truly blessed in life with some of the best friends a girl could ask for. Each one has come into my life when I needed them and enhanced every day since.

...for the men and women in uniform who protect and serve every day. Soldiers, fire fighters, police officers - you make this world a better place and do not get the credit that you deserve.

...for the people who read this blog. Even though I'm a totally inconsistent entertainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment