Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Picture Pages

67/365
to the limit

I have had a lot of anxiety during this CrossFit Open process and when this workout came out I realized it was for good reason. I can't do toes-to-bar.

But I showed up at the gym on a Thursday to give it hell...

68/365
defeated

Because I could do 20" box jumps and 75 lb. push presses, the coach told me that they would not scale the workout. I just had to try to to toes-to-bar.

As you can see I tried - until my  hands and dignity were torn to shreds. It was the first time I ever came close to crying in the gym. And I didn't like the feeling. Not one bit.

69/365
SisterSmalls

How adorable is that hat with a bow? I'm already in love with this little ball of precious!

70/365
super saturday

I got to spend the day with all four of the babies who have stolen my heart. I can't imagine what their moms feel like because this aunt is so in love that sometimes I can't handle it!

72/365
capitol

Spent a couple of days in DC for work. The site of the US Capitol building always takes my breath away. Regardless of where we are as a Country, it is amazing to think of the people who risked everything for our independence.

73/365
touring

Visited some of my favorite sites while in DC. I love the words of Gettysburg Address!

"But in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our ability to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here...that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain. That this Nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
-Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment