Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

#followyourpassion

Well, here goes nothing.

I've started a business.

Ok, it's not officially a business, but a little side job type thing.

I have a friend - we will call him Job*, because all of the patience I lack, he possesses.

A couple of months ago we were talking about dream jobs - I asked him what his would be, and he told me. Then he asked me the same question. I told him that I think the Chief of Staff job suits me well. It takes advantage of my strengths, while giving me work that I enjoy. However, if I could have any job I wanted, I would cook for people.

His response: "Do it."

We went back a forth of couple of times when he made a good point - the food delivery company that I wanted to start took very little overhead and minor risk. So after "strongly encouraging" me for about another month, I finally broke down and decided to get it started.

Tomorrow I will deliver my first meals to my first three clients.

Garlic and Rosemary Crusted Pork Loin w/ roasted veggies  and Browned Butter Chicken "Pasta"
Late last week I texted Job that I had just received a single order for six meals!!

I was lamenting the fact that I had just found out that I had to work on Friday so all of the things that I planned to get done on Friday had to be moved to Saturday and Sunday (when I would have normally been shopping and cooking). So I said, "Oh well, I guess it's a good problem to have."

He responded, "What problem??? #followyourpassion"

###

Another random Job story. Last weekend we were going to watch the NFR together, and I ended up going to his house mid-afternoon to help him exercise his horses. However, when I'd left my house that morning, I wasn't really planning on riding a horse so I was wearing skinny jeans, Frye boots, and a nice top. 

Luckily, I was able to borrow some work boots from Sissy before I headed to his house, and I happened to have a light jacket that I don't mind getting dirty in my car. So I get to his house and I am going to put my stuff down and change my shoes and he is going to head outside to saddle horses and I say, "Wait, how dirty am I going to get riding horses?"

He yelled back, "Airplane! We are going outside. In the dirt. To work horses. Go change your clothes!"

I guess I'm a little more girly than I like to admit...

No comments:

Post a Comment