Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Can't Hardly Wait...

Many of you know that I am not New Mexico's biggest fan (this may be the understatement of the year), so now that I travel to the Land of Enchantment on a semi-regular basis for work my mom is convinced that I'm going to fall in love with a New Mexican rancher and be forced to move there. I have denied that this would ever happen, but we may have hit a bump in the road...

Preston Meyers lives in New Mexico. Not the actual Preston Meyers (mostly because he only exists as a character on a movie), but a guy who looks VERY similar to him.; and I can't help but have a crush on him...

The first time I saw PM was at a regional meeting soon after I started my job. The whole situation was chaotic and I didn't talk to him, but I did see him and think to myself, Self, that is a cute guy in New Mexico. I didn't think much of it and went on my way.

In December I was in the ABQ for a meeting and I saw him again. This is where my crush started to deepen. (Right now I'll interject that I haven't actually had a real conversation with him - mostly because I am retarded when it comes to talking to guys that I like. But that's another story for another post...) It was at the meeting that I discovered that he looked just like Preston.

This week I was in Roswell for a two day symposium and I spent the majority of time by my booth. It wasn't until the second day at lunch that I realized he was there. I was walking back from the lunch buffet when I came up on the table he was sitting at. He was involved in a conversation with the folks at his table and just when I approached the table, he looked up, stopped talking, and said hello. I smiled and said hi - and walked away before my face started turning red...

In other Alien-town news - there was an older gent at the symposium that I had met before and caught up with him over lunch. He joked about me travelling too much to have a boyfriend, but working to find me one. We all laughed and when the rest of the table engaged in other conversation he turned to me and the following conversation ensued:

Gent: We joked about it, Airplane, but seriously, do you have a beau?
Me: No, I don't.
Gent: Well, you're a very pretty girl, you will have no trouble finding one. (Ha!) You have a great personality, you're pretty, a good guy will come along...

I hope he's right - I can't hardly wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment