Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Little Attention

As many of you know, when I was in college I worked for a radio station. For a while I thought that I would like to make a career out of radio promotions. This job broke me of that. However, it was a great job for a college student. I got into a lot of concerts and events free; and I had an unbeatable time at Country Thunder my senior year. For the love, I met JoDee Messina. That was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Well, one of my assignments for this job was to drive the station vehicle in the Christmas Light Parade. Not having been in a parade before (well, since high school Homecoming, which I don't think counts), I had no idea what this entailed. Bridezilla rode shotgun with me through the parade and we had a blast! Talk about a self-esteem boost. You're driving down the road with your windows down and everyone is looking at you and cheering. We actually thought about travelling around and being in parades - it was so great.

Well, today, I matched that feeling. I am visiting Dirty Shirley this week for some work events and today we took a drive to the beach in her 1973 Convertible Mustang. This thing is hott! (Yes, Banana, it is two t hott!) You have never had so many people check you out. The funny thing is that guys try to act all cool like they aren't checking out your car. They do a little look out of the corner of their eye. And then they see that there are two girls in the car and it's like a full-on stare. I actually think that one man took our picture.

I decided that if you had a Y chromosome and didn't at least take a second look at the car there was something wrong.

Then, we stopped at the post office on the way home and a young boy in a stroller, no more than 3 years old almost broke his neck checking us out.

Maybe we'll start going for younger men...

No comments:

Post a Comment