Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

We Partied Like 1999!

Last night was my 10-year high school reunion. And it turned out to be a blast, but it's a long story that got us there.

About a year ago I was contacted by a former classmate and friend. We were Senior Class officers together so she felt obligated to contact me to help plan, even though she wasn't speaking to me. I, thinking it would be fun to torture her, agreed. This was mistake number one.

We began by trying to find people's contact info, this was not easy, but it was fun. It made me kind of excited for the reunion. Then we started the actual planning, and as it drew closer, I got less and less excited. Although, former friend started actually liking me again. But the drama that was associated with the planning and executing was ridiculous! Honestly, people will complain about everything!

I considered not going, but Match.mom told me that was not an option. So yesterday, I got all dolled up and headed to the party. I had decided prior to leaving my house that I would not be drinking, about 35 seconds into the whole thing, I regretted this decision!

Peach Sherbert* and I walked into the hotel lobby and immediately ran into a group of classmates at the bar. We stopped to talk to them and the fun began. We were both practically molested by one classmate who I'm pretty sure was strung out. Then he began asking Peach how prison was. (Sidenote: Peach has never been to prison.) He went outside to smoke and we hung out with the rest of the group a little longer before heading to our ballroom.

It only got worse as more people showed up. Everyone mingled for about 30 minutes and then found seats for dinner. And just like high school, all of the cliques remained. Peach and I branched out and sat at a table with some folks we didn't necessarily spend much time with in high school and this turned out to be a good decision.

After dinner things started to mellow out and we started to have a lot of fun. There was dancing and laughing and picture taking and we ended up staying to the end.

A few things of note:

1. My boobs were apparently the hit of the party (and I didn't even have to pay for them!) One guy walked up to me - with his wife - and asked if he could see my boobs. Then the wife of one of my classmates showed up in a similar dress and when she pointed it out, her husband told her that she would need bigger boobs before she could be my twin.

2. I had the most awkward conversation of my life with one of my LDS classmates. He asked me if I was married and when I told him I wasn't, he asked me if I had kids. What?

No comments:

Post a Comment