Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What Does It All Mean?

(Warning: I'm about to get serious.)

I was reading a blog last night, and it made me think. (Scary, right?)

This person is an aspiring writer, and she is pretty good. She is clearly trying to get started by blogging, and that works for people.

As you read in an earlier post one of my life goals is to write and publish a book. I go back and forth on whether it would be fiction or non-fiction. Many of you know EID, and I am convinced that I could write a book based loosely on her life and it would be a hit. When I started this blog, I certainly didn't do it because I thought it would turn into a book. I actually didn't even know how many people would read it. Sure, I think my stories are funny, but would others?

And you may or may not know that some days I think that I want to go back to school.

The truth is, for all the smack I talk about SuperFan and her inability to make a career choice, I dream about doing something different every third day or so.

I really don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Because I want to be everything for a little while.

And I'm a little risk-averse. What if I go back to school and then don't like the job that comes from that? Is there a job out there that will make me happy? Not knowing for sure keeps me where I am.

So I've found myself wondering lately if I'm where I'm supposed to be.

That seems to be a waste of time.

Which brings me to my new goal - each day I am going to strive to be positive.

I am going to celebrate the fact that I got up that morning and could do whatever it is that needs to be done that day.

I am going to relish in the fact that I live in a country that affords me the freedom to dream and achieve.

I am going to smile, and hope that the world smiles with me.

And I am going to pray that I am right where I need to be.

1 comment: