This is going to be another random post.
I feel like I have a lot to say and no real organization to my thoughts.
So bear with me, please.
I REALLY meant to do Miscellany Monday this week - and the time just slipped away from me, so you are going to get a little of that here.
I have to make it a list - I don't know why.
1. I think Match.mom was right. (I know, it's hard for me to say that as well.) Back in the dark ages when Sissy got engaged, Match said to me, "You're going to marry an older man." We had a whole random conversation about it, and I didn't really want to believe her, but I'm starting to think she was right.
I'm not kidding you when I say that I attract older men. I'm not talking grandpa aged, but upwards of 16 years older than me. Now, I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I'm repulsed, because I'm most certainly not. There is a certain cowboy who is flirting with the age difference mentioned above that makes my tummy flutter. I'm just saying - I think she was right when she said that it was likely going to take an older man to deal with my personality.
2. I may have mentioned before that I am a tad bit impatient. Maybe a little more than that. I like things to happen on my timeline and I REALLY don't like to wait. This particular characteristic puts me at odds with God sometimes. I'm trying to get better about going along to get along, but it's a daily struggle.
I was reminded this week of that lack of control. And it made me remember that things happen for a reason and we don't always get what we want. (Just typing that makes me want to sing.) But sometimes the beauty that comes from the pain is more overwhelming than you could ever imagine!
A good example of that:
3. I have been on the road an INSANE amount of time in the last two weeks. Just ask Dirty - I think she may have forgotten what I look like.
This week has been travelling alone - last week it was with my boss. But travelling around the state of Arizona has been a blast! The district that I am working in has very diverse scenery and it is awesome to see all of it!
I have been reminded why I live in this great state!
I apologize for the quality of these pictures - my camera battery died and I had to use my cell phone camera. Also, as I mentioned, I was travelling alone and was driving while taking these pictures - don't tell.
If you look closely in the picture above you can see the wind towers on the only wind farm in Arizona. A pretty cool sight - and something that may become a lot more prominent in my world sometime soon.
The view above is standing on the patio of a friend's house. He was hosting an event for my candidate and I thought the view was so amazing that I couldn't leave without a picture.
This picture was taken in the Gila Valley - the mountains are amazing down there!
Go ahead and laugh at me, but today as I was driving through the Sitgreaves National Forest, I was listening to my iPod and "Brothers" came on and I was reminded of the beauty of the land and I got a little verklempt.
4. At the beginning of this week, we experienced a MASSIVE storm in Arizona. I'm talking tornadoes, flooding, and utter chaos.
It took me two hours to get home - a 40 mile drive.
I was not a happy camper.
I tried to take a picture to show you what the flooding was like on the roads, but I don't think it came out as good as I would have liked.
Just trust me - the sidewalks are completely covered with water and I'm pretty sure that Tyler almost floated away.
5. I joined a competition with boot camp. It starts on Monday - it's time to get serious! I'm not allowing this campaign to put weight on and it's time to take some off.
So - here we go! Wish me luck!