Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Turning the Negative to Positive

I read a little blurb in Fitness magazine that a new study showed that 90% of women who thought positively about weight management had either dropped pounds or kept them off in the past year, compared with only 50% of the ladies with a negative approach.

Then I got to DC last night and realized that I didn't get my score sheet for 13.1 so I didn't submit my score. 

I was totally bummed.

Then I realized, that it may be a sign.

I don't think I've necessarily been extremely negative about my CrossFit and weight loss journey in the last year, but I have definitely focused on the things that I couldn't do and the weight that I haven't lost.

And I think it is creating a mental barrier for me that is not allowing me to reach my goals. 

So, starting today I am going to be more positive about this journey of mine. I'm going to celebrate my accomplishments, no matter how small.

If you hear me talking about the things I can't do or the goals I haven't reached, please remind me of how far I've come. 

This is going to take some time and a pretty serious mental change, but I know I can do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment