Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

A Little Snack

I'm working on the post that covers the remainder of the San Antonio trip, and thought I'd give you a little snack while you wait.

The other night I was invited to a dinner with a woman I have done some work with in the past.

It was a BBQ/Western theme.

As I was putting a cob of corn on my plate I was reminded of this story.

About a year and a half ago, I was at the state cattlemen's convention and was in line for dinner with a guy I had a crush on at the time. By the time we got our food and went to find a seat, there were no tables left with seats at them, so we ended up sitting by ourselves at a round table for ten. The conversation was good, no real awkward pauses, until he picked up the corn on his plate and said to me, "There's really no good way to eat corn on the cob. You just kind of have to make out with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment