Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Rollercoaster Ride

I decided that I have to tell you all this story because sometimes I think about it and I just start laughing out loud.

Back in 2010, we took a family trip to Disneyland. I thought that I wrote about that trip, but apparently I did not because I couldn't find a post about it.

Either way, you can imagine the madness of 10 adults and 2 children in Disneyland for two days. It was a blast!

Something that you should know about PapaBear is that he loves his grandkids A LOT and basically if they ask him to do something (within reason) he does it. So BiggieSmalls wants to go on Splash Mountain in Disneyland and PapaBear agrees.

The two of them along with me, Sissy, SuperFan, JP, BIL, and XouXou get in line and make our way to the loading dock. Once there Biggie decides that he wants to ride with PapaBear in the "boat."

What this means is that PapaBear, the largest member of our party is in the front of the "boat."

There is a reason that they don't recommend this.

As we get started, Sissy and I are laughing hysterically. Just because.

Then we get to the first drop-off of the ride, which isn't a really big one, but when we get to the pool at the bottom, the weight of PapaBear in the front creates a tsunami of sorts into our "boat."

PapaBear immediately jumps up and starts yelling things that are not suitable for a family establishment. Then he tries to get Sissy and me to trade spots with him. Like we're not in the middle of a ride and about to go down another major drop.

Needless to say, the same thing happened at the bottom of that drop and PapaBear was none too happy about the situation.

We just thank the TTBJ that it was our last ride of the day or there would have been one angry PapaBear walking around Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment