Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

It has been a while since I partook in the Miscellany, but I'm going to dust off the spider webs...

one
falling apart at the seams

I am a walking injury these days!

Last week I had my CrossFit assessment and we worked on hanging pull-ups and kipping and apparently I officially became a CrossFitter:


Yes, that is my right hand. And yes, that is skin hanging. Let me tell you something - it was PAINFUL! The girl who did the assessment welcomed me into the "club" and said, "I've had them so bad my husband had to wash my hair." Well, thanks a lot - I don't have a husband, that's a double whammy.

A couple of days later I was signed up to donate "Power Red" in the City's blood drive and something went wrong - I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say that the fluids they were returning to my veins were not staying in the veins... That basically rendered my right arm useless and I'm sporting a pretty ugly yellow bruise right now.

two
holy deliciousness

Granny B's basil garden went a little crazy this year and she has more basil than she could ever use, so last week she sent me home with a box full of it. Saturday morning I spent some time making pesto to freeze. But I kept one batch out to use this week. After baking some chicken with some, there was a little left, but not enough to make another dish so I came up with a brilliant idea. I don't make my pesto runny - more of a rub type thing. So I set the oven to 400 degrees and spread the pesto out on a cookie sheet and baked it for about eight minutes until the edges were crispy and brown. And  oh.my.word. it is DELISH!

Seriously I'm having a hard time typing this and not eating all of it before Dirty gets home and can taste it.

three
unbridled excitement

Way back in January I posted about my love for Cody Canada. And I'm super excited to announce that on Friday night I will head to Flagstaff with the Littles to see him live in concert with his new band. I'm so.freaking.excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment