Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Declaring War

Alright, I'm back. And I'm going to try really hard to post more regularly. I promise! 

As I believe we've discussed before Independence Day is my FAVORITE holiday!

I LOVE America!

However, I never thought that I would have to declare a war of my own on Independence Day weekend.

Yesterday morning I woke up in a great mood! Birds were chirping, the sun was shining...

Then I went out to my garden to give it the morning dose of moisture.

As I was watering, I noticed that some of the tomato plants were missing leaves towards the tops of some branches. Seemed strange.

Then, I saw this:


Oh yeah, that's a worm. A tomato hornworm to be exact.

I'm not going to lie to you - I freaked out! 

I called Match on the phone and she told me I had to kill the worm or it would kill my tomato plants.

Now I'm no baby, but I'm not touching a worm! 

So I ran in the house, grabbed a pair of scissors and then proceeded to cut the branch off below the worm. Then, I realized that there were more worms. Five to be exact.

I was shaking. I was having flashbacks to my childhood when the wooly-worms invaded our back porch and you couldn't take a step without crushing at least two of them.

Then the air conditioner kicked on and I nearly wet my pants.

I was in bad shape.

The good news is that I have won the battle so far and my tomato plants look to be ok. The bad news is every time I go out to the garden I have to inspect for worms.

I think I've gotten in over my head!

1 comment:

  1. My fave part is when you almost wet your pants when the A/C came on...

    ReplyDelete