Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

She Knows How to Party

On Friday I had lunch with Granny B.

In an ideal world, this would happen more frequently than it does, but right now I try to get together with her once a month.

I always know that she will probably need to run errands after lunch so I set aside a majority of the afternoon to hang with her and get things done.

On Friday, she told me that she just needed to drop some extra hangers off at the alterations place and run to Bashas'.

Easy peasy.

While we were eating our soup and salad at Olive Garden I asked her what she needed at Bashas'. She said that she needed an ingredient for a cake she was going to make.

We get to the store and she tells me that she needs Calvados, which Match has told her, is a liqueur. So we head to the liquor section and search high and low. I finally google it on my phone and discover that it is a brandy and they do not carry it at this store.

So we decide to head across the street to BevMo!

But, first... Granny B asks me to see if they have the gallon of wine that she likes.

Ummm, excuse me?

Yes, do they have that gallon of Italian wine that she likes? 

So I find the large jugs of wine and ask her if she is looking for a Chianti. She says no.

I read another bottle to her and she says, "That's it!"


I double check to make sure she wants this gigantic jug of wine that I'm certain she couldn't even lift to pour and she says, "Yeah. It will last a while. I just like to have a glass before I go to bed, it helps me sleep."

Clearly I get my very expensive wine taste from her!

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is the best. I knew I loved that woman...

    And FYI I have pretty much read all of your other posts and there are too many comments to post but basically this is my conclusion:
    1. I love you
    2. You are hilarious

    ReplyDelete