Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

*Spoiler Alert*

If you have not yet watched today's swimming finals of the Olympics, you may want to stop reading right now.

I'm serious - I'm about to tell you who won.





As I sit here watching the live feed of the Olympics on my iPad, I am getting emotional.

I think that I may have shared with you before that I have a not so secret desire to be an Olympian.


I do realize that I have probably missed the boat on that, but it doesn't make me want it any less.


I also believe that I have shared with you my love for Michael Phelps.


I mean, those abs... OMG, Mommy!


But not just that, when he is in the water, there is something that just makes my heart happy.


Today he won the 200m Individual Medley. Making him the first person in history to win the gold in the same event three years in a row.


What an amazing feat!


As I watched him wait for his name to be called, and subsequently stand on the podium to receive his medal, I teared up.


As he stood there listening to the National Anthem play you could see the emotion on his face.


He stood there, knowing that this would likely be his last Olympic Games. Knowing that he worked a majority of his life and gave up so much for a dream that came true. Knowing that the national anthem was playing for him. Because of him. Because he believed that if you want something and you work for it, you can achieve it.


What an amazing feeling that must be!

No comments:

Post a Comment