Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Miscellaneous Musings...

I'll join in with a little miscellany today since I have a few random things to share...

one
breaking records

Ok, it was only a personal record, but since that is probably the only kind I'll ever beat - I'll take it!

Remember way, way back in January when I had to run a mile for time? And I ran it in 8:28? And I was so super excited because I never thought in all of my years on this earth that I would be able to run a mile that fast?

Well, this morning, I beat it! By 35 seconds!

That's right folks - I busted out a one mile run in 7 minutes and 53 seconds and it was the most glorious moment of my life! Which was quickly ruined by the second mile we had to run that was a little slower...

two
youtube

On Friday, I had some errands to run and then I headed out to Sissy's house to hang with the Smalls Family and "sleep the night."

Tiny started preschool this year and they have been learning the Pledge of Allegiance. He and I had worked on it the day before while Sissy and Biggie were in the dentist chair, so I asked him to recite to me what he remembered of it.

He completed the whole thing!

I asked him if he would like to record it to send to Match and Papa and he replied, "Yes. And YouTube."

I had to oblige.


Now head on over to Carissa's blog and read a few blogs you haven't read before.

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GRACIOUS! That kid is too darn cute! Seriously! I about roared when you said he said 'and youtube.' How do kids know these things?

    Great job on your run, too! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY COW. You are in the 8 minute (or less) mile club! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete