Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Boom Shaka Laka! (That one's for you Diddy!)

So I read something the other day from a blogger that said (basically), if you are a writer - you need to write every day. Whether it is a sentence, a paragraph, or a novel - you need to sit down and write every, single day.

So, that is what I am going to try to do in 2013.

Write everyday.

It may not always be in the form of a blog post, but that is clearly my preference.

So, stay tuned, friends. And try to keep me honest.

In other news, I ran a 5K this morning.

A very COLD 5K. I know that I live in Arizona and I am probably a wimp, but it was damn cold out this morning.

Right around mile 2 I came up on a girl - probably in her late teens - and I knew it was her first race because I heard her talking to her mom before the race started. Well, she was crying when I passed her and I could tell she was struggling, so I slowed down and encouraged her to keep going. She was having cramps in her side and I could tell she wanted to give up. I let her catch up to me and kept her going until we found her friend.

I was that girl once. I don't think I actually cried, but I remember my first race and I wanted to die a thousand deaths as I ran up and down the hills of the Phoenix Zoo.

But I finished and I never looked back. And I didn't want her to give up on her first race.

So, once we encountered her friend, I took off again and finished the race in an official time of 27:54!!!! 

Did you hear that?? 27 minutes and 54 seconds! A new PR!

That's an 8:58 average!

I would really like to get my 5K down to an 8:30, but as long as I'm moving in the right direction, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment