Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin'

Do you ever what would your life would be like if you would have made one decision differently.

Taken the left fork instead of the right?

I don't know why, but I was thinking about that today.

About how everything happens for a reason. About how each decision, no matter how small, leads us to the next.

At the end of 2004, I was offered a job in DC. I clearly didn't take it. I was 23 years old and had spent a majority of that year living in DC at basically a poverty level. The experience had been amazing and I met some friends that I will never forget, but I wasn't ready to move back there. I thought I was a west coast type girl and I had a good job in Arizona and was making pretty good money. 

It was a difficult choice to make, but I made it and here I am today.

I don't regret the decisions that I have made - that would be a waste of time. Though I can say for certain that along the way there were times when I was sitting in the middle of a decision that I made wondering why in the hell I had done it.

But it is all a part of me.

The bad bosses. The long hours. The missed lunches.

As I look back on 2012 - and the years that came before it - I can be happy about the things I've accomplished and overcome.

One of my CrossFit coaches posted on Facebook the other day (in relation to goals/resolutions), "I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be."

How true that is.

All too often I think we focus on what we aren't, rather than how far we've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment