Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I believe that I told you all last year that I was proposed to in Vegas last year.

I don't think it was a real proposal, I think it had more to do with the fact that I was carrying cherry vodka around in my purse, but that is neither here nor there.

This year, we happened to run into my fiance from last year and his friends.

So, he sits down next to me and I ask him how things have been going for the last year.

He responds, "Unfortunately, exactly the same."

I ask, "why unfortunately?"

And then he launches into a diatribe about how his live-in girlfriend (I told you it wasn't a real proposal) won't make him chicken wings.

That he works hard, and all he wants are chicken wings.

I ask a series of questions, trying to get to the root of the problem.

Things like, "do you want her to make chicken wings every day?" His answer: "Not every day."

"Can she just bake the ones you buy in the freezer section at the grocery store?" His answer: "I don't care where they come from, I just want chicken wings."

So I tell him, in my brutally honest kind of way, "I hate to tell you this, but if she won't make you chicken wings now, she sure isn't going to do it when you put a ring on it."

I probably didn't help the situation...


No comments:

Post a Comment