Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Feels So Good

Last week the girls at the gym and I were talking about how hard it was to get out of bed in the mornings.

We concluded that regardless of what time we go to bed, if the alarm goes off before 5 am, it is just going to suck to be getting out of bed and leaving the house.

Today was no exception.

I often find myself thinking about getting back into bed after I've brushed my teeth. And it is really the knowledge that people at the gym will miss me and Diddy will talk mad shit to me if I don't show up at his house to get ready.

Not that he gets his ass out of bed to go to the gym in the morning, but whatever.

So, when I left the gym at 6 am and I had a text from Janiac saying, "Happy Monday," she was lucky that she was a state away because I'm pretty sure that I would have punched her right in the face had she said it to me in person.

But a couple of hours later, things were looking up. 

And when I was at AJ's getting iced green tea at lunch, a man came up next to me to get a refill on his water. After he stood there for about a minute, he turned to me and said, "Wow, you smell great!"

I was totally shocked. To the point that I couldn't respond. And then he got his water and returned to the table with the people he was eating with.

After that, I couldn't help but smile. So I was going to write you all a blog about how nice it is to give people random compliments. 

Then, this afternoon I took Granny B to Sprouts. A couple of weeks ago she tried to go on her own and apparently ended up at the wrong place because she called both Match and me to tell us that Sprouts was closed. 

So I told her that I would pick her up and take her today.

Things were going well, we had a nice talk on the ride to Sprouts about some random inconsequential things and then we get to Sprouts and as we are walking in she says to me, seriously out of the blue, "When I make some money again I'm going to get you liposuction."

Ummm - huh? There goes all of happiness from my random compliment earlier in the day.

Then, not five minutes later, we walk past the freezer section in Sprouts where she proceeds to buy herself a half gallon of Italian Cream Cake ice cream, two pints of chocolate ice cream, and a quart of lemon gelato. 

No comments:

Post a Comment