Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Desire for a Selfie

About 35 minutes ago, I went outside to get in my car and go to work. Had my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight...

And the battery was dead. Womp, womp, womp.

So here I sit waiting for AAA to come replace my battery so I can get my day started.

Lucky for you, that means I have some time to write a blog post.

Yesterday morning after I got ready, I looked in the mirror and thought to myself, Self, you look GOOD today!

And the I promptly walked out to Diddy's kitchen and said, "Sometimes I look in the mirror after I finish getting ready and think, Damn, I'm hot." 

He just shook his head at me.

It's mornings like that when I totally understand people's obsession with selfies. (For those who are unfamiliar with the term, it is when you take a picture of yourself and post it on a social networking site.) What I don't understand is when people take one nearly every day, regardless of what they are wearing and post it.

I'm not saying that I've never taken a selfie, and I'm not saying that I've never posted one. I just try to reserve the posting to the times when I look damn good.

Which is like 99% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment