Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Wrapping

I have discovered my problem.

I sign onto my blog to write a post for all of you to enjoy. Then I see that the authors of the blogs that I follow have posted new posts and I get to reading those. Then before I know it, I'm out of time and have to sign off to run to the next thing I have scheduled.

I know, my life is pure madness.

But let's talk Christmas.

For all the crazy that is my family, spending time with them is a blast!

And spend time is what we do.

On Christmas Eve Match, Papa,  SuperFan, and I headed to church and then to Granny B's. Where we met the rest of the crew.

Let me tell you a funny story. (Well, maybe not so funny.)

We aren't big drinkers at the holidays.

My friends talk about their Thanksgiving celebrations and how everyone gets drunk and watches football. I think that is crazy.

Apparently way back in the day our holidays were a crazy mess of drinking and drama, but a good portion of the peeps realized that they probably ought to stop drinking and they sought out help and now we all say the Serenity Prayer.

So, last year, Match's older brother, Professor*, and his family came to town from Texas for Christmas, it was the first time in ages that they all came. And his wife is a Class-A bitch. I'm not even kidding you. I had this great plan to make shirts for everyone and wrap them up with only tags that said who they were for, then have everyone unwrap them at the same time and all of us would have shirts that said, "Team Professor" and hers would say, "Team Dena."

I didn't do it, but it would have been hilarious.

Either way, with her in town the tensions were high and YogaHippie and I decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to crack open a bottle of vino to ease it a little. So, we did just that.

This year, Professor and his family weren't in town, but Granny B called me a couple of days  before Christmas and told me that we would go through her wine to make sure that we had a few bottles for us girls to enjoy at dinner.

So, Christmas Eve rolls around and we get out the wine and she tells me to pour her a half a glass of white wine. Then says, "This will either calm my nerves or make it worse." I told her if it made it worse, I'd pour her another glass.

Dinner was swell and then my immediate family headed over to Aunt PieRanch's house for some Christmas dessert and present opening with that side of the family.

Pretty uneventful.


Then we all went to sleep and the Best.Santa.Ever. visited Match and Papa's house.


I'm not kidding you.


For at least a year I have been wanting the Garmin Forerunner 310XT watch.


Every time I go to the gym, I stare at the picture of it and read all of it's features. I have visited the website for it numerous times. I dream of it. Then Banana read a blog post from a girl who got one and I cried a little because she had my watch.


So, when I was putting together my list for Santa, I thought, What the heck, I'll put the watch on there.


A couple of days before Christmas I was meeting Big T to give him the Mary Kay products he purchased for Mrs. T (I just love practical gifts) and I told him that if I got that watch, I would have the best "Santa!"


So when I opened it on Christmas Day, I thought that I had died and gone to Heaven.




There it is! My baby.


I should have taken a picture of it on my wrist so you could see how big it is.


But I LOVE it!


It is the coolest watch ever! I could spend all day telling you all about the features, but I don't think you really care that much...


Suffice it to say that being a good girl this year paid off!


Now I must run - I'll tell you more about Christmas tomorrow.


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment