Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

She's Got Jokes

Have you ever had one of those days where everything goes seemingly well? 

You sing to yourself all the way home?

Get all fired up to bake shortbread cookies?

Open the cupboard under your sink to throw something away and find standing water?

Clean out the cupboard under the sink to discover that your garbage disposal is leaking?

Call the plumber who informs you that means that your disposal is shot and you need a new one?

Yeah, I had one of those today.

But, there is now a bucket under the disposal to catch the water, the plumber is coming over tomorrow, and I leave for Vegas on Thursday, so I think we're back on track.

Speaking of being on track...

I had to help Granny B yesterday. She needed me to come over and type up some jokes to send to her friend in Florida who has to emcee an event.

I got there and we sat down in her office where she told me jokes and I typed them.

Then we had to run a few errands.

The jokes were hilarious! And we had a blast!

One of the things I love the most about Granny B is that she thinks I'm funny.

I mean hilariously funny.

At least twice I had her laughing so hard she was crying.

And I didn't even pull out my good stuff.

So, courtesy of Granny B:

A little boy is downstairs playing with his toy trains. He pulls one train into the station and says, "All of you son of a bitch passengers that want to get off - get off. And don't forget to take your packages with you. All of you son of a bitch passengers that want to get on - get on. Put your packages under the seat and there is no smoking allowed." Hearing this, his mom comes out of the kitchen and scolds him, "Son, you know we don't talk like that here. Go to your room for two hours and think about what you did wrong." He goes upstairs and two hours pass. He goes back downstairs and begins playing with his trains again. "All of you passengers who want to get off - get off. And don't forget to take your packages with you. All of you passengers who want to get on - get on. Put your packages under the seat and there is no smoking allowed. Those of you who are pissed about the two-hour delay, talk to the bitch in the kitchen."

No comments:

Post a Comment