Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one
baby peppers


Do you see that little jalapeno pepper?? I'm so excited for it to grow up and be in the food that I cook!!

The garden is growing - a little slower than I would prefer, but it is growing and I'm so excited for harvest and delicious homegrown veggies!

two
circle of life

Have I already told you all about Ed? He was my dog back in the day. I rescued him from an abusive environment when he was 9 years old. He lived with me for two years and then I got a job where I traveled a lot so a family down the road from my parents adopted him. 

And he lived happily ever after. Until a couple of weeks ago, when he died peacefully.


RIP Ed. There will never be another like you.

three
guided-missile destroyer

On May 7, the day that he would have turned 35 years old, Lt. Michael Murphy was honored by the Navy when they named DDG 112 the USS Michael Murphy.


Lt. Murphy was the lead officer of Operation Red Wing, and he embodied what it means to be a hero. Just looking at the pictures made me cry.

four
search and rescue

Dirty and I are cat-sitting right now.

Do you remember those triplets that I used to babysit? Well, they are heading here from Guam and they sent the cats ahead for us to take care of while they make their way down the road.

They are inside cats. And tonight they got out of the house.

It took Dirty, Match, SuperFan, and me to get the second one to come home.

I'm fairly certain it was one of those times that we should have had a flip cam following us around.

1 comment: