Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Haters Gon' Hate

As I believe we have discussed in the past, I have tried the online dating thing.

And hated it.

I know it works for people.

I know that your brother's best friend is getting married to a girl he met online.

I've been to that wedding. I've been in that wedding. I'm planning a trip to that wedding.

But I'm telling you - that didn't work for me.

One of the girls at work met a guy online recently and they went on a date. She was pretty stoked for the date because their communication leading up to that point had been good. 

They were sitting at dinner and he asks her, "Tell me, what are your life goals?"

She responds that she is working very hard towards becoming a speech pathologist. She then poses the question back to him.

His response?

(At 39 years old, beeteedub.)

I'm working really hard to become a hip-hop dancer. I've been training and I think I'll be ready in about a year.

I'm sorry, what's that you say? You would like to be a 40-year-old hip-hop dancer? Do you have a Plan B?

If that doesn't work out, I will be a model scout. I watch America's Top Model and those kinds of shows and I would be good at that.

At this point, I am not really sure how she's not laughing in his face. 

But, folks, help me out here! Is this what's left in the world?

In other news, I was talking to Diddy today and we were talking about when people get me riled up.

Diddy refers to it as "calling down the Thunder."

(Did you see Tombstone? If the answer to that question was "no," stop reading this right now and rent that movie and watch it immediately! You will not regret it!)

Either way, I actually kind of like it when people call down the Thunder. Call me a bitch if you want. I call myself that on a fairly regular basis. 

Haters gon' hate. Ain't nothin' I can do to stop them.

No comments:

Post a Comment