Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Friday Food Day!

friday

Also known as Diddy's birthday and the day I fell of the food wagon.


Seriously, I ate so much that I think I was full for the two days following.


Match, Superfan, and I started the morning at Hob Nob Hill. It was like taking a step back in time.


Do you see those chandeliers?


This was also the day that I forgot to take pictures of my food before I started eating it.

Oops.

Match got toast with her meal and they brought out the jelly in these orange halves. It was super cute, but Match was pretty sure that the jelly came from a jar.

Not impressed.


But they more than made up for it with their homemade sausage patties.

Seriously - yum!


Superfan and Match were impressed with their meals as well. We definitely recommend this place for breakfast if you make it to San Diego.

With some time to kill, we thought that we take a little tour. I was attempting to take us to Old Town, and somehow ended up in the Gayborhood. 

So, I changed the plan and had Match look up how to get to Little Italy.

I'm fairly certain that we took the scenic route there, but it was well worth it when we saw this wonderful sign!


We decided to park for a minute and take a walk around.

So I pulled into a parking spot on the street next to a sausage deli where three old men were sitting outside drinking coffee and shooting the bull.

I was looking for some change to feed the meter and then I got out of the truck. As soon as I closed the door, one of the old men barked at me, in a heavy Italian accent, "Fifteen minutes only."

It totally made the trip worth it!

Then we walked into a coffee shop for a quick cup of joe and found this:



I decided that Diddy needed one of these for his birthday. There was a baked version as well and Superfan asked, "Do you want it baked or fried?" 

I'm sorry, did you just hear yourself?

When we got back to the hotel, we gave this to Diddy and then we all took a bite and Oh. My. God!

Seriously, this had to be one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten!

And then it was off to Ocean Beach.


When we were on the way, I texted Seaman that I was in his old hood for lunch. He had no idea where I was going and he replied with:

Hodad's?!? If not, you're wasting your time.

Luckily, we weren't wasting our time.

And we were not disappointed.


Our group shared a basket of fries and onion rings and then I had the Blue Jay.

So, so, so good. 

I want to drive to San Diego right now and get a hamburger.

Right. Now.

That evening, we headed down to Petco Park to catch a baseball game for Diddy's birthday.

The seats were amazing, the weather was perfect, the company was great!


All in all it was a great vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment