Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm A Hero!

On Wednesday, we had a blood drive at work. 

I found the hero in me and donated.

It's not really my favorite thing to do, but I do it anyway. Because people need it.

And it is a small price.

The next day I was talking to my coworker whose son came down to donate blood with her.

We were talking about the pre-donation questioning, and I was telling her how I get so nervous because they are talking so fast.

And they are asking questions like, Since 1986 have you had sex with a man, whose had sex with a man, whose had sex with a monkey for drugs.

Clearly, the answer to that is no.

But they talk so fast and I'm so scared to answer incorrectly that I end up just sitting there.

And then I get nervous that the girl is judging me because when I pause to answer she thinks that there is a chance that the answer is yes.

(I do realize that I'm a crazy person.)

So, then my coworker says to me, "Well, at least I know now that my son has never had sex with a man."

No comments:

Post a Comment