Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

You Gotta Have Faith. Faith. Faith.

I know that this is going to be hard for some of you to believe, because I appear so cool via my writing; but I can be a little cheesy.

Like, deep-down, at the core of my soul, I'm a total sentimental, cheese ball!

Now, I can play tough and intimidating (apparently a little too well), but the truth is, I'm a total sap.

I love cheesy quotes. And cheering for the underdog. And everything else that you would associate with being a total nerd.

So, yesterday at the end of rowing an all-out 2K, our coach told us, "tomorrow is going to be brutal. Come prepared for hard work."

When I looked up the WOD last night, this is what I found:


The workout was designed to honor the seven CIA officers killed in Afghanistan in December 2009. (I swear I've shared this story with you before...).

Either way - it is brutal!

I believe this is the second time I've done the workout, but I didn't previously record my time because back in those days I didn't know how. I'm so much wiser now.

Sometimes it is hard to understand the progress that I am making in CrossFit because it comes so slow. And because I do it nearly every day little victories, are just that - little. 

Before the clock started on The Seven, my coach said that there would be a 50 minute time cap. Then, 3...2...1...go!

I completed a modified version of the above workout in 40:19. The burpees, which would have normally been my undoing, were seemingly easy. I did the thrusters with 77 lbs - the last time I did this workout, I am fairly certain I couldn't have put 77 lbs overhead for more than one round. I am actually fairly certain that I tried and failed.

We talk a lot at the gym about mental blocks that don't allow us to do certain things at the gym. Especially lift weight - when we step up to a bar thinking that it is too heavy, it is likely that we won't get it lifted.

When we started this workout, I believed in my heart that I would finish under the cap, and I did.

I need to remember to have a little more faith in myself most days. I'm pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment