Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Be Not Afraid

I haven't said much about the tragedies that occurred last week.

To be honest, I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around them.

It seems so naive to say, but I just can't understand how people have so much hatred in their hearts that they can do such horrible things to innocent people.

***

For the past four years, I have participated in Pat's Run with Glinda.

It took place yesterday and we've been signed up for a while now.

Every year, this particular race kills me! I don't know if it is because 30,000 people run it, or because it is typically very hot, or because it is 4.2 miles, but it is a bear of a race.

I forgot my running watch yesterday morning so I didn't know our pace throughout the race, but the official times have been posted and even I can't believe how fast we ran!

Yeah, that says we ran it in 9:58 pace. You can see that the third mile took us the longest - that was probably because I had to stop to retie my shoe and we had to run up the Rural Avenue bridge, but we made up for it on mile four. Holy cow!

I'd say we honored Pat Tillman's legacy along with all of those who were killed and injured in Boston on Monday.

We went out there and ran.

We weren't afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment