Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Strong is the New Skinny

I know that I've told you all this before, but I love CrossFit!

Every day I read another article from a man or woman whose life was changed by CrossFit, and I fall a little more in love.

Today it was this article.

I love it when I read something that touches me. (That sounds wrong.)

When I learn that someone else out there feels like I feel. 

And even better, when a lot of people out there feel like I feel.

Then I think about what I would write if I was going to write a blog post about how CrossFit has changed my life.

And I think physically, it has changed me.

But more importantly, I think it has changed who I am inside.

When people say, "Strong is the new skinny," I always assumed they were referring to a strong body. And they may be.

But for me, more importantly, is a strong mind.

And in that respect, CrossFit has made me a different person. 

I have never like to show weakness. I have always tried to put up a strong front, never let anyone know when I was hurting. 

I still have weaknesses, but I am learning to be ok with them. Learning that it is ok to be vulnerable every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment