Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Change the Conversation



Janiac is back town! 

I love her new job because she is spending so much time in Arizona. One of these days I'm going to talk her into moving here.

Either way, on Saturday evening we were getting ready for a night on the town. She was laying on my bed and I was putting on eye makeup in the bathroom mirror.

I turned around and said, "I'm not trying to be an asshole, but sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and I think 'Damn, I'm pretty!'"

Janiac laughed at that and I assured her that I was serious.

I know, it sounds a little ridiculous, but it is the truth.

Sure there are things that I want to work on, but I think it is far more productive to focus on the positives than the things that I may not be 100% happy with.

Recently I was talking to another friend and she was criticizing a picture that was taken of her. And I got really angry. 

I just don't understand why we are always focusing on what's wrong with us.

No one is perfect.

Not me.

Not you.

But I'm willing to bet that there are a lot more great things about you than flaws.

That's the case for me.

We have to stop striving for perfection and start striving for positivity.

I am beautiful.

I could probably use a little less "fluff" around my mid-section, but I have great boobs.

I have a "royal nose," but an engaging smile.

And from today on, I am going to try really hard to focus on what I love about myself and the people around me.

And if you can't focus on those things about me and you, then our friendship may be on it's way to the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment