Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Doin' It and Doin' It and Doin' It Loud

In an effort to close my day out basking in the glory that I told my coach I would be basking in all day today...

I strict shoulder pressed 99 pounds 3 times this morning.

BOOM!

Those of you who aren't familiar with weightlifting, may not understand what I'm talking about, so let me try to explain.

Stand with your broom held horizontally in your hands, laying across your collar bone, then without moving any other part of your body, use just your shoulder strength to lift it over your head until your elbows are locked out.

Now imagine your broom weighs 99 pounds.

Yeah, that's right. I'm a badass.

Last night I had a dream that I was in a dress with my hair curled and all done up for something fancy - and for some reason, I was at the gym and I stepped up to a barbell and snatched it.

Should I be concerned? 

The dress I was wearing was ADORABLE, bee tee dub.

###

You know what the scary thing about putting yourself out there is?

You're out there. Hanging. Vulnerable to whatever comes.

Do you know what's great about it?

The things you learn by pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment