Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Bearing Gifts We Traverse Afar

Ok, so I very inadvertently left out some details from Vegas, and I will work on a post that includes them.

But now, a break in our regularly scheduled programming.

I gave O'Connor his Christmas gift today and it inspired this post.

I love giving gifts!

More than I can express in words.

I love coming up with a gift that I think a person will love.

I love picking it out.

I love wrapping it up.

And I love watching them open it and seeing the joy in their face.

There is really nothing that makes me happier than to give someone a gift meant just for them, that they truly enjoy.

And if you live far away from me and I send you a gift, it makes my heart warm to think of you opening it up and enjoying it.

I love gift-giving so much, that I have a hard time keeping gifts a secret and not giving them before it's time.

I'm afraid that someday when someone lives with me, and I buy their gifts, and hide them in the closet all wrapped up and pretty, I'm not going to be able to wait for the occasion to give it them.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment