Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Music Is What Feelings Sound Like

The title of this post is a little cheesy, but true.

Two things you should know about me:

1. I spend A LOT of time in my car. At least one hour each way to and from the office. It's not quite as much time as I used to spend in a car, but it's still a lot.

2. I L-O-V-E music! I believe that I have mentioned it before, but I really do yearn for the ability to make music because it makes me so happy. I once had a mild nervous breakdown when my iPod died. (It's true - ask Match.mom.)

So, A+B=I listen to a lot of music. Tonight, on my way to dinner with Diddy, my iPod was tuned to a new favorite Texas musician when the lyrics of a song caught my attention. I often just listen without thinking or paying much attention, but tonight this song made me stop. And restart.

Enjoy the lyrics. And if you want to download the song - Aaron Watson sings it. I highly recommend it!

The Heart Of Life



Girl I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There’s things you need to hear
So turn off your tears and listen

CHORUS
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won’t all go the way that it should
But I know the heart of life is good

Now you know it’s nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
There in the circle of your friends
We’ll defend the silver lining

CHORUS
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
Fear is a friend who is misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good

I know it’s good
(John Mayer) © 2006 Sony/ATV Tunes LLC, Specific Harm Music (ASCAP)

No comments:

Post a Comment