Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh, The Pressure...

Gosh, I did so good for a week.

Posting some entertaining material everyday.

And then, the bottom fell out of the whole thing.

I was saving a video of BiggieSmalls riding a sheep for times like these.

But then my camera was stolen out of my car and that is where the video lived.

Did I ever tell you about the time that BFL* and I went to see Clay Walker in concert and it turned out to be in a high school auditorium?

We saw on his website that he would be at a "Performing Arts Center" in a small town on the other side of our metro area. The tickets were a reasonable price, so the two of us and one other friend decided to make a girls' night out of it.

We drove and drove and drove. And then we drove some more.

Then when we were at the place where Mapquest led us, we looked up to find a high school.

Sometimes I wish I was making this stuff up.

So we parked next to the bus.

I'm not kidding.

We were in the next parking space over.

We could have climbed up on the bus if we wanted to.

I actually think we took pictures with it.

Always prepared, we had packed a small cooler with some beer, and it was a good thing we did. Did you know they don't sell alcohol on high school campuses?

They do, however, set up a makeshift snack bar outside and sell cans of soda. And the security isn't real tight at the high school auditorium concerts so if you buy a can of diet coke, you can take it out to your truck in the parking lot, dump out the soda, and fill it with beer. And you really only have to buy one soda.

It turned out to be a great show.

And a much better story if you were there to witness it.

No comments:

Post a Comment