Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

TMNT and NKOTB

I am going to apologize for two things:

1. The design of this blog. I am working on it. I promise. I'm about to buy a book that will teach me how to do exactly what I want. Until then, you have to put up with what you see.

2. Being a bad blogger. This Thanksgiving weekend totally got out of my control and I ended up not getting done the things that I wanted to get done and blogging was on that list.

That being said, I do have a story for you: 

Way back in the "good ol' days," we used to spend a lot of time with our cousins Prince William and YogaHippie.

Back then Prince William and Bunner LOVED the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Heroes in a half shell. Turtle Power!)

Us girls LOVED the New Kids on the Block. (Ok, maybe it isn't so past-tense for me.)

So we came up with this silly game to make the boys do whatever we wanted. It was kind of like truth or dare, without the truth, but add points.

The boys got TMNT points. The girls got NKOTB points.

Only I'm not sure anyone ever kept score. (Although I wouldn't be surprised if Sissy pulled a tally sheet out one of these days only to show that she was the winner by some obscene number of points. And it would probably be accompanied by some Halloween candy that she stashed away until everyone else was out.)

And there was no set prize for the person who won the most points.

But, boy did it keep us entertained for a long time.

Back in those days, we also used to take an annual trip to a specific hotel in Flagstaff.

The hotel had an indoor pool and our parents would take us there and basically let us run around the place for a weekend.

We came up with all kinds of ways for people to get points.

From the second floor, there were openings to the pool below. With a bucket of ice, you could rack up all kinds of points.

And I can not confirm or deny that one of the boys received A LOT of TMNT points for peeing in the corner of the elevator.

On Thursday, Match and SuperFan wrapped all of the napkins and silverware with orange ribbon. After lunch, Biggie noticed it and decided that he and Uncle Bunner needed to become Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.


1 comment: