Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

one.
I am on the injured list today!

Last night, as I was preparing food for the week, I was slicing onions with the mandoline, and my thumb accidentally got in the way. I lost a sizable chunk of the finger, but managed to get the blood flow stopped and the wound bandaged.

But I must tell you, injuring the thumb on your dominate hand is VERY inconvenient!

two.
I am my mother!

You all laugh (and some of you  may have already known this), but it is becoming my reality!

On Saturday night I was at the bar with some friends, dancing and generally hanging out (not drinking because CageFighter and I gave it up for 30 days...). Towards the end of the night a man came up to me. He looked really familiar and it isn't like me to not know a person's name. Seriously, Match always says that you can say, "Airplane, remember that girl we met when you were 7 and she had red hair?" and I would immediately come up with her name. It is a little freaky.

So when this guy comes up to me and says something to the effect of, do you recognize me? I couldn't believe I didn't come up with his name. I said, You look really familiar. Then he tells me his name and enter Match.mom.

I yelled, Ohmigod, Louie, how are you?!?! and gave him a huge hug! Even as I was doing it and could see that I was becoming my mother I couldn't make it stop.

Send help quick.

(Just kidding, Match. I love you!)

three.
I want to be better.

Last week two things happened that brought me to this realization: I finished reading Promise Me and I attended a memorial service for a Border Patrol agent who was killed in the line of duty.

And it made me realize that I want to be a better person. I want to make a difference in people's lives.

1 comment:

  1. Look at your hands. I knew I was becoming Amachi when I looked at my hands and they looked just like hers. Help....

    ReplyDelete