Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Seasons of Love...

So I've never really been a big fan of Valentine's Day. I even posted a couple of months back that I would rather get flowers on a random "thinking of you" day than on V-day.

I do enjoy celebrating IT's birthday and Arizona's statehood, but really, the whole idea of Valentine's Day just isn't my thing. 

Although, as I was driving to work yesterday, I remembered that one year Bridezilla and I decided that we wanted to get dressed up and have dinner - so that's what we did.

We made reservations at a steak house in town, got all dressed up, and went to Valentine's day dinner. I'm fairly certain that people thought we were lesbians, but we didn't care - we had a blast! 

Either way, back to yesterday.

Nothing too exciting happened for most of the day, and then around 4 pm, Bridezilla IMed me to ask what time I was leaving my office. I told her and she said she would call in 20 minutes to wish me a happy day.

I didn't really think of it at the time, but it was a little weird.

Then she called, and it all made sense!! 

She's having a baby!!

Well, not until September, but she's expecting.

Then, I was driving home and Sissy called.

Sissy: I'm a bad valentine.
Airplane: Why do you say that?
Sissy: I was going to make you dinner, but time got away from me.

Then, I started crying.

I know, I know - I'm a baby.

I don't know why I cried. 

I think it just meant a lot to me that she thought of me and was going to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment