Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A List

This post is going to be a little like Miscellany Monday. Mostly because I have some things to say, but not a lot to say about them. 

1. After extensive research, I started the Paleo Diet a week and a half ago. I have some dietary issues, including gluten sensitivity and insulin resistance. From what I read, the Paleo Diet is the best to minimize the side effects of said issues.

I like fruit, veggies, and meat so I thought it wouldn't be too hard. And while I was right, it isn't hard to find things I can eat and I enjoy the food that I cook for myself, eating out has become very unappealing for me. 

The other day, I was craving something sweet and I had left my blackberries (my new dessert of choice) at Sissy's house. So I found some sugar-free dark chocolate in the pantry. I had a piece in my mouth, ready to take a bite when I decided it wasn't worth it and threw it away. It was the hardest thing I've ever done.

2. Speaking of diets. The FDA has recently denied approval to a couple of diet drugs.

I cannot put into words how happy this makes me.

I HATE diet drugs and weight loss surgery. While I realize there are exceptions, I think the majority of the people who are using these two avenues to lose weight could get off of their a$$es and move a little and watch what they eat.

Nothing increases my blood pressure more than people who try to justify this as a means to lose weight. Get up and move people!

(If you want to read about the denied approvals - you can do so here.)

3. The other night I was talking to Match and Papa about something and when Match asked Papa what he thought, he said, "I'm ambivalent on it."

To which Match responded, "I know, but could you please be bivalent." 

I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard. That lady is a crack up!

4. A couple of blogs for you to check out in your free time:

DelightfulMomStuff: A dear of mine writes this blog. It is kind of a mishmash of information. She talks about stuff she's read, used, and experienced. She is just getting started and I know she would love to have more followers. 

WhyGirlsAreDumb: Ladies - have you ever wondered what guys think about the things we say and do? Wonder no more. The guy who writes this is pretty hilarious, though a little inconsistent in posting. I will say that I laugh out loud each time I read it though.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for throwing away that chocolate. I know how hard that kind of control is...
    Can't wait to check out the new blogs!

    ReplyDelete