Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Everyday I'm Shufflin'...

I am having an internal battle.

With this blog.

Don't get me wrong - I love writing the blog. I especially love it when someone tells me that it made them laugh.

However, I don't always have something funny to write about. I mean, I could probably find at least one point in each day in which I'm laughing hysterically; but it doesn't always translate to good writing. And sometimes, it doesn't make sense to anyone but Diddy or Match.

I do have a lot of things that I want to say about life.

But I don't want to post just to post on here.

I don't feel like that would be any more fulfilling for me as a writer or you as a reader than just leaving  the page blank.

All that being said, I have something to say:

Today, I am annoyed with diets. (Why lie? Most days I'm annoyed with diets.) I get really frustrated with people who are looking for the quick way to get slim. Your overall health should be the most important thing in your life. And the thing is, "healthy" looks different on every person. It isn't a one size fits all kind of thing. And really, is anything really one size fits all? REALLY?

I do think it is good for people who have had success with certain eating plans or exercise regimes to share that success with others, but it is totally unfair to expect someone to do the same thing as you and get the same results. It is also unrealistic.

So the next time you see someone and you want to judge them by their size, think twice. You don't know what they are struggling with.

I'm not just saying that because I'm fat.

I'm saying it because I could likely kick your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment