Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Gone Crazy

It's official, folks.

I've lost my mind.

I'm not even being dramatic this time.


In what can only be described as radical behavior, I signed up for the CrossFit Games Open yesterday.

As you can see from the above photograph, the first (of five) workout consists of 7 (seven! and not the kind from the Friends episode) minutes of as many burpees as possible. With a six inch jump after each burpee.

I'm not sure if I have shared with you exactly how I feel about burpees, but I think this shirt sums it up nicely.


(sidenote: if you're looking for a gift to buy me - this shirt would be a good one! dearburpees.com kthanksbye!)

So, tomorrow at 10:00 am Arizona time, I will take on this workout. And then for the next five weeks, a new workout as they are posted. 

I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't scared. The truth is that I'm scared out of my mind. 

I don't want to make a fool of myself.

But I'll never get better if I don't push beyond my limits.

Speaking of limits - I joined the CrossFit class this morning for the first time.

I wasn't officially moved up, but my class was doing the above workout and I didn't want to do it two days in a row, so I moved up for one day, and one day only.

Holy Hannah Montana!

We worked on snatch-grip deadlifts, power snatches, and muscle snatches first. 

That was pretty easy.

Then we moved to 3 800m runs. Starting every six minutes.

That means that the faster you run the longer your rest.

Someone kill me.

But I did it! And I did them all in under four minutes!

I was trying my damnedest to keep up with the girls in front of me.

They were fast!

While I'm tooting my own horn - I'll go ahead and tell you that I took 9th place in my age division in the 5K I did last weekend! Out of 28 runners - that's not bad. If I do say so myself.

1 comment: