Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting to Know Me Miscellany

I was really planning to go a different direction with this post today, but I read Cheyenne's blog before I posted and she inspired me to share some things about myself - for those of you who don't know me.


Funny story about this picture - I am typically against wearing headbands like this, but we went to the Miranda Lambert concert on July 3 and SuperFan had me wearing this like a real headband. Well, turns out my head is too big for it and it kept doing weird things so I took it off and was messing around when I put it on this way. Then Dirty had someone take a picture of us. Then of course I instagrammed it. And then my family freaked out! And said it was the best picture they have ever seen of me. 

They are a little crazy.

But let's talk about me some more... :)

1. When I was a kid, we were farm laborers for the summer. We started by chopping cotton, then moved up to the sprayer tractor - they actually rigged up a tractor that Sissy, YogaHippy, and I could all work on. They welded two seats to the front, so one person would drive and two would spray. (And we would change to words to songs to fit our lives - there were some funny moments out there in those fields.)

2. For the first time in my life, I think I may be addicted to something. Fitness. It sounds so cliche to say it, but I really do feel like CrossFit changed my life. And now I want everyone around me to be fit and active.

3. I toy with the idea of going back to school. I haven't pulled the trigger, but I get closer every day.

4. I love my nephews and niece more than anything, but I'm no longer sure that I want to have children of my own.

5. I wish I could hip-hop dance. I'm not saying I would like to be a back up dancer in any music videos, but when I watch So You Think You Can Dance, I am always the most in awe of the hip hop dancers.

6. I want to make a difference in the world.

7. Sometimes I want to move to a new city and try something totally different.

8. I really like to entertain people. When people get joy out of their interactions with me - it makes my day!

9. I am crazy independent (like don't-like-to-ask-for-help-independent). I think sometimes it is one of my biggest flaws.

10. I was recently reminded how much I love the smell of Zest soap. I think it is nostalgia, but man, I love that smell!

11. I love to cook! Seriously, if I could afford it, I would spend the weekends trying new recipes and feeding people. I could go broke buying the ingredients for all of the food I want to make.

12. My sisters and brother know all of the ways to make me crazy (and they practice frequently), but if someone moves even remotely in the direction of messing with them, I become a crazy protective mad woman! For real - you don't want to try it.

13. Despite my tough exterior, I am super sensitive. Just because you don't see me cry, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

14. Wow - it is really hard to think of 15 things about myself that seem even remotely meaningful.

15. Music moves my soul. There are times when I am listening to my iPod and a song comes on that just speaks to where I am in that exact moment, and I will play it on repeat just to soak it all in. (Typically while rocking out - I'm sure I provide much entertainment for the other drivers on the road.)

Now head on over to Carissa's blog and read something new.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

2 comments: