Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Spontaneity


So I got all crazy out of my comfort zone last weekend and did something without any plan at all.

And it wasn't just like, drove down the street.

I freaking packed up my car on Friday morning around 8 am and drove to Carson, CA to be a spectator at the CrossFit Games.

Now if you know anything about me (I should have included this in my list of 15 on Monday...), you know that I do not do things spontaneously.

However, I had spent a majority of Wednesday following the Camp Pendleton event via CrossFit Radio and Twitter, then on Thursday I watched Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter as my team arrived and got checked in, etc. And I was sad.

I wanted to be there. So I texted my friend who was there. And she said, "Just come."

On Friday morning, she called me. She said just get in your car and come, I have an extra ticket. 

So I called Match and asked her if I was crazy for going.

She said that I wasn't, but she did say that I was probably either going to enjoy it so much that I would start being spontaneous all of the time. Or I would spontaneously combust.

I can tell you, without any doubt at all, that I do not regret my decision.

It was seriously one of the most amazing experiences of my life. It motivated me to be a better CrossFitter. To eat cleaner. To really dedicate myself to my fitness journey.

It is hard to imagine my body ever being able to do some of the things that the competitors did over that weekend. And the truth of the matter is, it may never do some of them. But I'll never know if I don't try.

Also, it was the highest concentration of good looking men that I've ever been around in my life. That doesn't hurt one bit.

If you want to read more about the CrossFit Games, you can do so at CrossFit.com.

If you would like to read more about my team's experience, you can do that here.


What you see in the picture above is the women of some of the teams completing 20 rope climbs after completing 30 clean and jerks with 135 lbs.


This picture was the stadium before Friday afternoon's chipper workout. The stadium soon filled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment