Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Out of Control

Janiac called me this morning at 11, and I was sitting in front of my computer drinking coffee (as I had only been out of bed for about 30 minutes) and eating dark chocolate covered almonds for breakfast.

I think it is safe to say that my life has spiraled out of control...

Speaking of out of control, do you want to know something crazy about me?

Too bad, you're going to hear it anyway:

I saw a girl from high school on Wednesday and I was telling her how I felt like I was losing control because people were changing events and canceling plans and not making plans in a timely fashion. And she said, "Oh, I'm so glad it's not just me. My mom is always yelling at me that I can't control everyone else's lives."

To which I responded, "We don't want to control everyone else's lives, just the part of it that interconnects with ours..."

So, later that evening Match and I were driving to a dinner and I was telling her that story.

Me: Who would have thought that her and I would be similar in that respect?
Match: Not me.
Me: Well, I'm pretty sure that she is a Gemini too - I think her birthday is at the beginning of June.
Match (looking at me like I'm crazy): Are you serious?
Me: Yes, I'm pretty sure it's the first week of June.
Match: I'm going to look it up on Facebook - if you are right, that's going to be effing weird.

While she is looking on Facebook, I will tell you that this girl and I weren't great friends in high school. I mean it was a small school (less than 200 people in my graduating class) so we all knew each other, but her and I didn't hang out all the time and we certainly haven't done a lot of hanging out since graduating high school.

Match: Oh.My.Gosh!
Me: What? Was I right?
Match: It is June 9th. That is ridiculous.

I can't help it, you guys. I don't know why I know that. I don't know why I remember the birthdays of people forever and ever, even years after they are out of my life.

I guess I'm just awesome that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment