Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!

On Saturday night, I went over to Glinda and Fiero's for their annual Halloween party - costumes required!

I'm typically not big on costumes. Not that I don't like them, I just don't typically think of them enough ahead of time to get all of the pieces at a reasonable price. And I'm not very crafty, so I end up with something boring.

Though, two years ago, at the last minute, I made a white sash with black writing that said, "Understood." I wore an old bridesmaid dress and a tiara with the sash, and I got second place in the costume contest.

This year, Glinda and I were shopping at Charming Charlie's sometime in the summer and we found a headband with a little hat thing. And right then and there, I decided that I would be Effie Trinket for Halloween.

I did procrastinate a little more than I should have, but it all came together nicely.

This was my inspiration:


This was my costume:




I won the contest this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment